MY BEST SIMPLE HEALTH AND FITNESS HACKS.
When you’re trying to get in shape and change bad habits, small adjustments can make a big difference, in doing this it’s always good to keep giving yourself positive motivation and feedback. I can honestly say I give myself a little pep talk before I start my day ha-ha, I find it relieves my stress and helps with my self-esteem for my day! It can be a simple as saying “I am thankful for the sun this morning”, “I am amazing because…” or “I am proud of myself because…”. Sometimes we can be really hard on ourselves so it’s important to remember all the good things we are thankful for. I also treat myself in my head if I need motivation with life, work, or training. For example, if I nail my week of nutrition and training I might treat myself to an outfit I’ve been saving up for or give myself some “me” time. This doesn’t even need to cost money, it can be a simple as going to the beach, having a bath or going for a walk. No matter what purpose or back story you may have for giving yourself a pep talk, you can always work this in somehow!
Here are some simple health and fitness hacks I do that help me get back on track. When I’m organised, and do these little steps I can honestly feel like I can take day with no one holding me back.
- Set an hourly alarm as a reminder to drink more water or get yourself a 2.2 Litre drink bottle to help track your water intake.
- Trick yourself into workout out. Always take the stairs, walk to the gym, or park futher away to fit in those extra steps. Remember it’s all about just moving, exercise doesn't have to always be the gym.
- Drink warm water with lemon when you wake up to get your digestive system working.
- Bring snacks for days out, long trips or when travelling. I like to leave protein powder in a zip lock bag in my hand bag or fruit, nuts, healthy bars. It helps me eating junk food which you don’t really need.
- Have a girl’s night planned or don’t leave without cocktails? Stick to vodka and sodas. The rest are all super sugary!
To finish off here is a pep talk from me to you.
You got this! You know it’s in you somewhere! Even I know that, and I don’t even know you. Look. Maybe things aren’t going too well right now, or maybe everything’s relatively OK but you’re feeling uninspired, or maybe you want to do great things but don’t know where to start. Whatever the situation, you will rise above it. Everything happens for a reason, I am a strong believer in this. Simply by reading my blog, you’ve already taken the first step.
You CAN get to that goal! Say it out loud and you WILL. So, get out there and get MOVING.